Congrats to CEO Chick of the Month of April, Madelin Martinez! She is a Broker, Author, Chaplin, Missionary and MORE! We took a few minutes to catch up with Madelin to ask her about her entrepreneurial journey, this is what she had to say:
1. Why entrepreneurship?
I think it is in my genes, I come from a family of strong intelligent woman.
2. Did entrepreneurship find you or did you find it?
My dream was always to be a nurse, I worked in the medical field for 13 years. Till one day, it was suggested that I had the personality to be a great sales agent, then a comment was made that would change my life's direction. “I could sell milk to dairy farmer” It was then that I decided to pursue a career in real estate. As for my non-profit ministry and the book “Hands off my child” they both came to me directly from the Holy Spirit.
3. As a business leader, what are some of your greatest challenges?
Managing my time between the different business, and getting clients / customers to value my worth or the worth of my products.
4. When you’re not in business mode, what do you do during your downtime?
Spend time with family. Read.
5. As a CEO Chick, how are you dominating your industry?
Knowledge is Power, I try to Keep up with the current trends, and am always open to learning knew things.
6. What is your number one advice to a fellow CEO Chick or aspiring business leader?
Trust God, and, yourself because God deposited greatness in you, and the world is waiting.
7. What are three things you would tell your younger self in business?
Do not let fear stop you.
Invest, invest, invest!
The importance is not in how or if you fall but that you get up, trying again and succeed.
8. What keeps you going creatively in business?
I consider myself very passionate about everything I do. A word, social media, even a commercial can stir up something inside of me, and I just run with it.
Thank you for reading our write up on our CEO Chick of the month for more info on Madelin go to www.madelinmartinez.com and get connected! Be sure to check out all things CEO Chicks, follow us @ceochicks on IG and FB. #ceochicks