Our CEO Chick of the month is one of our Chicago members, Nikki Burnett. She is a realtor, motivational speaker, Co-Founder of Chicago's Leading Ladies, and not to mention Wife and Basketball Mom! Check out our interview with this CEO Chick!
- Why entrepreneurship?
I needed to control my own schedule, pay & destiny. It allows me freedom & to do what I want...when I want.
- Did entrepreneurship find you or did you find it?
I found entrepreneurship in 2004 when my husband and I franchised a Dollar Store.
- As a business leader, what’s some of your greatest challenges?
As a business owner, some of my greatest challenges is dealing with stress as it pertains to all the responsibilities of owning your own business.
- When you’re not in business mode, what do you do for down time?
- As a CEO Chick, how are you dominating your industry?
I'm dominating my industry by staying relevant via social media, networking & constantly building my clientele.
- What your number one advice to a fellow CEO chick or aspiring business leader?
My #1 advice to a fellow CEO chick is to make sure you have more than one source of income & be sure not to quit your job so soon to pursue this entrepreneur lifestyle. Be strategic and plan it out!
- What’s three things you would tell your younger self in business?
- Hire an experienced accountant
- Use the banks money & not my own
- Have multiple streams of income
- What keeps you creative in business?
Seeing the constant changes & new waves In my industry makes me stay ahead of the game & helps to improve my marketing, skills & everything else.
- What can we expect next from you?
- My new show "Bringing Up Ballers" debuting early spring on Lifetime.
- My "Rep Your HighSchool" Varsity Jacket campaign
- Visit to China to search for a new manufacture.
- Mothers Day In Miami Weekend Retreat
- Relaunch & Fashion Show for BasketballMom & Hooplyfe
Keep up with Nikki B. at www.nikkiburnettthebrand.com she is one bad CEO Chick!