There are some things that many businesses unintentionally do which then lead them to failure in marketing. Such things can result to death of their brand. You might be doing these things with your business as well. Here, you’ve got a list of common mistakes that can kill your brand:
- Inconsistent company identity – A company should use the same business logo, name and tag line in each contact in and out of the business. The way phone calls are answered is very important and customers should hear the same things from you and that you have to be consistent when it comes to giving information to them. Consistent means to go wide together with your efforts. Branding cannot be achieved when you prefer to use just one or two advertising avenues in order to get the message out.
- Poor and weak visuals – When you like the name of your company to pop in the mind of people, you should pay more attention to having more photos instead of words. There must be a consistent visual image and logo representing your business. Come up with a powerful and influential visual image of your company and make it popular.
- Not training employees – Think about your employees as potentially talking and walking billboards. Pump up them about the company’s name, the logo and its tag line. Train them all to become community ambassadors for your advertising campaign. Do not hesitate to give them a reward when you see them doing fine.
- Failure to track the branding efforts – Each time that somebody calls your business, the person on the other line must gently explain how they came to call the company. Record the responses and then have a master list. The data you have gathered must direct future marketing.
- Not using current clients and consumers for branding – The greatest advertising tool within your arsenal is the word of mouth advertising. You should ask your current clients and customers whether they would join you when it comes to getting the word out and conveying the right message. You can ask for their points of views regarding your ads and seminars. You can also ask them what they think is the greatest strength of your company and ask them when you could quote them in an ad or brochure.
- Letting advertising materials get out-of-date – A lot of businesses make this mistake yet this is specifically true in the case of small businesses. The problem starts when they choose to have a brochure for the company and pay for the design. After that, they order thousands of copies that it takes years and years for them to use up. They feel sorry for the expenses they have made previously so they were not willing to get another brochure until such time that all copies of the old brochure were used.
- Failure to focus their branding on their core service – To make branding successful, you have to identify the core service or product of your company and have the marketing effort focused on it.
- Not having a believable tag line – Your tag line should match the fact for your consumers so they will believe in it.
- Failure to grab the public with your tag line – A great tag line is typically made of 3 to 6 believable words which match the core service and with such great appeal.
- Unaware where effective branding begins – You should keep in mind that successful and effective branding begins within your company. Start with in! Create a culture, the experience and allow your brand to take shape from there!
To obtain success with your branding efforts, you should avoid these things and start making moves in the right direction! When I sit with my clients we walk thru all the areas pertaining to building their brand...As I always say building your brand should be your mission and not a mistake! If you are ready to take your brand to the next level, click here check our premium membership services.